BigGirlsDoTri

A site dedicated to encouraging people to reach for their individual dreams and share my own journey as I attempt to go from a 5'2" 297pound first time triathlon finisher, to an Ironman[woman :-)].

Monday, March 07, 2011

Harmony


Feeling very grateful this evening reflecting upon this current adventure of renewal that I am blessed to be on at the moment. The true beauty of it is the realization of the community that I have to share it with. I spoke with a friend tonight about the gratitude and excitement we have for our church and religion, and thought it was wonderful that we were experiencing the same sentiment sitting in different states and different churches.

Today I took a class on Universal Law at the A.R.E. It was really interesting listening to so many different perspectives from people from so many different backgrounds, religions, philosophical beliefs and levels of spiritual exploration/introspection. It reminded me of the years of classes I’ve taken in Swampscott both formally and through conversations with friends, members, and visitors. As I sat in the local spiritualist church this evening and observed a wonderful demonstration of evidential spirit communication and inspirational speaking, universal law was brought up again. I marveled at the symmetry of the messages of the day, but even moreso by the fact that I was blessed to find such a community almost six years ago now that helped me begin to apply the laws of oneness, karma , attraction, and grace to create a calmer, more peaceful, joyous, love filled life for myself. I am also grateful that those same people have stuck by me in the times that I have forgotten my spiritual self and succumbed to the material me. Though I wish that I could keep that more permanent connection to my soul self, I have to admit that each time, I need to start over and get back to basics I have an even richer experience, whether it be the actual experience I am having at the time, or by the remembrance of the start of my journey into spiritualism.

Anytime you take another step on your spiritual path is the right time, whether it be through a formal spiritual or religious path or a general recognition of being a spiritual being living this physical experience. I have met people at the A.R.E. from the ages of 16 to 90. The awesome thing is that no matter what age you start the big questions are usually the same. The answers are often different, at least at the beginning. Today we spoke a lot about karma. We were talking about the idea of karma created on Earth needing to be dealt with on Earth, but not in the form of an Eye for an Eye, but through forgiveness and letting go. We talked about the difficulty both in the minor day to day things, but especially on the higher level of the atrocities that we see far too often. Some things seem too horrible to forgive. We discussed the concept of loving indifference, and how forgiveness is not the same as condoning action. If we choose to hold onto hate we only end up hurting ourselves and others.

By practicing loving indifference and letting go, the focus returns on higher vibrational ideals such as love, reducing the need to continue the karmic cycles here on the earthplane, unless by choice. We also spoke of the idea that clearing karma is not necessarily about escaping the earthplane, but actually of spiritualizing the Earth making the veil between the two worlds even thinner, or obsolete, so that we can realize the ability of constant connection to spirit, and that we truly are spirit. I can’t do what I am learning, and being reminded of, justice through a few paragraphs. I guess what I really want to say is that people come from all over the world to the A.R.E. to gather with like-minded individuals who are questioning, seeking, and sharing. It, along with the Memorial Spiritualist Church are the two places here that are like home away from home for me here. They are places that feel safe and not foreign. I am so grateful they are here, so that I can learn more, but also because they remind me of the goldmine I have at home in my family, friends, and church. I don’t need to travel across the world to find a few people that can understand where I am coming from. I have it every day.

I love the fact that the morning church service here ends at the same time as the Swampscott Church, and that although the rest of the songs we sing at service are different, that the closing song is the same, and that benediction is at the same time. The thought that we are singing in unison(ok, well if you have been to either church, maybe you know that it may not be truly in unison…LOL), and that we are praying at the same time, makes me believe that we truly are connecting at that time and that separation really is just illusion.

Week 3 Overview

Classes: Angels, Lore and Legends, Universal Law
Movies: Adjustment Bureau: Nice love story, thought provoking, but with holes. Enjoyed it though!
Weight/health: 5 more pounds for a total of 13.5. Experimenting with new foods/exercise program. Blood sugars continue to improve.
New affirmation: "I am an invulnerable child of God." Try it if it resonates. The feeling is unbelievable.
Highlights of week:Great conversations and emails with friends from home, phenomenal! Thanks guys! Love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home