BigGirlsDoTri

A site dedicated to encouraging people to reach for their individual dreams and share my own journey as I attempt to go from a 5'2" 297pound first time triathlon finisher, to an Ironman[woman :-)].

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It's Been A LONG Time!


I know it has been quite awhile since my last post. I have been volunteering a lot with my church(which I love) as well as taking a philosophy course and a mediumship lab. I have also been reconnecting with some old friends. Despite being sick for a few weeks, it has actually been a pretty wonderful couple of months. I have been continuing to run the movie nights at my church & have also recently started a Reiki Clinic in Swampscott MA:

http://www.swampscottchurchofspiritualism.com/healing.html

In any case I have to admit that my workouts and nutrition have somewhat fallen by the wayside, I mean almost completely and although my life is happier than ever the lack of physical activity etc is really getting to me. I know if I can just get back into a routine that I will feel so much better and have the energy to do even more. I gained a good amount of energy & motivation this week having caught up on some of my favorite podcasts found at:

http://www.steverunner.com (Great show on Steve Prefontaine)
http://www.intransitduo.com
http://www.zentriathlon.com

I decided to take a step to add some incentive to get myself moving again. I had cancelled my Iceland triathlon because I have had to postpone my trip until next winter. I registered today for my first official triathlon of the year. It is a super short sprint, but a great starter in a beautiful location. I am really excited about training again & I am currently choosing the rest of my races for the 2007 season. I hope to post them soon.

I wish you all the best as we wind down the winter season and get ready to spend more time outside. I feel it will be a spring for the record books. We don't usually get much of a spring in Boston. It seems to go from 20degrees to 90, but I think this year will be different. I expect a beautiful spring.

I will write back soon.

The picture with this post was taken by my friend Bob. It is of the Boston skyline from the Lynn/Swampscott line.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

Once the spring comes I'm sure you and your helmet will be hitting the beach at 5am!!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Don't worry! You'll get back on track and then watch your energy sore!! Keep us posted on events, chica! Glad to hear all is going so well for you!! =)

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home