BigGirlsDoTri

A site dedicated to encouraging people to reach for their individual dreams and share my own journey as I attempt to go from a 5'2" 297pound first time triathlon finisher, to an Ironman[woman :-)].

Friday, August 18, 2006

Day One

Welcome all. On this blog I plan to chronicle my training & races as I set out one step at a time to eventually achieve my goal of completing an Ironman. My hope at this time is to let others know that they don't have to wait until they look like a pro athlete to get out there and do what they have always yearned to do. Get out there & tri! For me triathlon has been a wonderful sport with which to become involved. You will have your own desires and goals. For those of you who have ever been interested in triathlon though, I do have to say that you could not hope for a better, more supportive community of athletes. At 5'2" 300 pounds just getting to the starting line in a bathing suit without running and hiding felt like an accomplishment. Sometimes I felt like I would need to put the blinders on, remembering old high school comments etc, some of that fear creeping in...."What are these real athletes going to think, say? Do I really have a right to be here?" "YES I DO!" We all do. I pushed the fears aside. Instead I heard the cheers, the encouragement, the love. That's what it's all about. Stay with me here. Help keep me on track & I'll try to do the same for you.

Blessings!

April

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keith barsky (my son) forwarded your message to me. Great going. I'm looking forward to meeting you soon. lynne

6:15 PM  
Blogger SimplyStu said...

The Ironman journey is like NO other. I cannot wait to see you cross that finish line! Don't let anyone slow you down! If I can ever do anything to help - PLEASE let me know.

Stu@simplystu.com

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home